sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc badness

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: julian AT openit.de (Julian v. Bock)
  • To: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] glibc badness
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 16:29:36 +0200

Hi

R> I just updated glibc, and it fried my machine. (Well, the install
R> SEEMED OK, but sorcery thought otherwise), and now I have no glibc
R> at all, which is a Bad Bad Thing. I'm currently in text mode
R> knoppix, working through a shell account (yay ufies.org :) however,
R> needless to say, I'd like my machine back up and running ASAP. Is
R> there a quick fix?

Are you sure that glibc is not installed? Directly after the update
nothing might run because of the new dynamic linker (ld.so).
Therefore cast can't create the install logs and glibc won't show up
in the list of installed spells.

However, the glibc files should actually be there (and work after a
reboot). If that is the case just cast glibc again and everything is
fine.

Julian