sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Coda, and some spellwriting questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: Source Mage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Coda, and some spellwriting questions
  • Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 01:56:19 +1200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 06:34:39AM -0700, Eric Sandall wrote:
> I had some (almost) complete Coda spells a few months ago, but accidently
> deleted them. I now have (somewhat) complete coda spells, but these don't
> do any of the setup, so yours may be more up to par. :)
I had a look at yours, and I got to about the same state, however mine
allows for installing both client and server, and has a patch to prevent
GCC2 requirement. However, Coda requires directories to be created and
files to be touched before it will run (otherwise it gives you
almost completly unhelpful errors) and also, the default config has
issues with devfs being on /devices. (Easily fixed)
I will probably be playing with coda from both client and server over
the next week or two, so will write it up in a spell with these extras
included, once I work it all out.
I noticed that you named the dependancies things like 'coda-lwp', is
that standard, given that they aren't necessarily coda specific, but
thats the only thing that (I know of that) uses them? I just named them
'lwp' and 'rpc2' and so on.

--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x768B8765 Fingerprint=33C8 EA9C 61F1 F117 EEED 24A5 3BCE 4F77 768B
8765