sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] tmpfs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] tmpfs
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:56:28 -0700 (PDT)

Sergey A. Lipnevich said:
> I still think tempfs is a very elegant solution to many
> problems (disk clean-up, /tmp using my otherwise unused
> most of the time swap partition, performance still
> there), but that's not the point. Why are we discussing
> what to change when there's a whole slew of sorcery
> functions to implement to be feature-complete for 1.0?
>
> --Sergey.

One way to end this discussion is to just include the patch that Chris
Brien entered into bugzilla making tmpfs optionall. This way, those who
want it, do, and those who don't, won't. I believe the patch even adds
the option to the sorcery GUI. :)

Anyways, I agree with Sergey; we should end this discussion and just put
the option in, that way we can move on to the other things which need to
be done before we release 1.0. Remember, we're all about option, since
that is a Good Thing (TM). :)

-One of Three

sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://hellhound.homeip.net/~sandalle | SystAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU