sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] tmpfs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] tmpfs
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:10:05 -0700

So here are the results for my amd 400 with 80 mbs of ram:

tmpfs
real 170m8.272s
user 132m49.670s
sys 13m8.340s

ext2
real 157m16.594s
user 133m35.320s
sys 12m7.300s

not a whole lot of difference, we've now proven that theres very little
improvements and perhaps the opposite trend on newer computers as well
as a negligable difference of less the a minute on slower computers with
far less ram. perhaps we just ought to put an option in and end this silly
debate. Phil and I already have argued this and other things about SM he's
unhappy with into the ground on other lists. Personally, why do you keep
using Sorcery on your system if theres so much you dont like about it?