seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Growing Rice

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Growing Rice
  • Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2008 21:59:23 -0500

! comment only.
I all the tv shows I've seen,
(I like PBS best...I have cable computer but rabbit ears tv,)
and in all the Nat'l Geographics,
I see folks planting rice via a plant that is about 10-12" longs.
I never saw seeds, planted.
In what media they do this, I dunno.
But I never imagine them as having sand, or store bought stuff.
That, leaves mud, or silt, mebe.
BillSF9c

======
1) Plant as early as possible
2) Direct-seeding is usually better -- all the transplants we did died.
3) When weeding, make sure to keep grass under control -- once grass gets large, it's hard to tell it apart from the rice.

Ken Bezilla
Acorn
central VA