seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Fort Knox of Food

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Allan Balliett <aballiett@frontiernet.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Fort Knox of Food
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:50:41 -0500

There was a great bit on the history of the "Pollyanna" character on NPR a few weeks ago. What was funny was that they said that in America "Pollyanna" was seen as a character with more virtue than her peers but in Europe, as well as in the intentions of the original author, "Pollyanna" was an update of the classic "FOOL" of european fairy tales and was a character, if not to be pittied, was at least meant to be laughed at!

I hope there is a Pollyanna seed keepers list somewhere for people who trust multinational efforts to be in the same vein as seed savers used to work in. That way we can all be working towards a common goal.

-Allan

Mollie,
Thanks..i am with you on this one! Truly, since this topic hit the news, and all the grower's groups i enjoy, i am getting quite sick of all the cynicism and negativity that is in abundance over it _REALLY getting sick of it_ :-o
There is SO much negativity surrounding everything in the news of late - it makes me wonder if some cosmic predisposition toward funky attitudes is going on. Such negativity is a cancer on any society, in my little opinion. Geesh, world.....get a grip. Happy 29th to those that will have it!
Toni - a rare optimist in KY.

-Mollie said
The positive side, in my belief: the more methods we can come up with for preserving biodiversity during the growing climate changes we humans have caused, the better.

Thanks for letting me put in my two cents. :)
Happy February 29th!