piw - Re: [piw] relationships implementation

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson AT stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [piw] relationships implementation
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:06:31 -0800

Sean Maley wrote:
>How many species would be involved in the most complex
>relationships? How many relationship types would be
>needed to encompass the whole picture?

Perhaps we don't need to see the "whole picture" (which would end up
being a map the size of the terrain we're trying to map in the first
place) - but only the aspects of the picture that serve our purposes.
Keeping the intended application in mind makes the task much less
overwhelming, and helps us filter the types of relationships we'd like to
represent...

But you do ask important questions, Sean. I believe we made a list of
relationships a while back, but I can't seem to find it in the archives -
does anyone (Heide?) know where it is?

pocket change
*s

Stephanie Gerson