permaculture - Re: [permaculture] This list, permaculture and discussion traffic.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Fred Gerendasy <fred@cookingupastory.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] This list, permaculture and discussion traffic.
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 18:04:37 -0800

Thanks for your efforts, It's a great resource!

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 4:44 PM, Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:20 PM, Fred Gerendasy <fred@cookingupastory.com>
> wrote:
>
> > and it also makes me wonder if
> > having a larger list (you are looking to trim) somehow costs money to
> > maintain?
> >

> List membership size is no issue at all. Hosting for it is provided by
> ibiblio and that is free. My time is free.
> I started it around 1990-1991 and have thousands of hours tied up in
> migrating the list plus archives and members, from host to host,.managing
> it to the present and posting useful resources for the message archives.
>
> Its just that I think it is an amazing resource and should be used more so
> I decided to see what kind of interest there was amongst members.
>
> --
> Lawrence F. London, Jr.
> lfljvenaura@gmail.com
> https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared

Fred Gerendasy
co-founder/Managing Editor
Cooking Up a Story <http://cookingupastory.com>
Food Farmer Earth <http://www.youtube.com/foodfarmerearth>
Cooking up a Story is an online TV show and blog about food and sustainable
living. One of the first internet-based television shows to focus on
sustainable food and agriculture, CUPS offers a wide palette of programming
that includes documentaries, interviews with experts, DIY food, growing
food, talks and much more.