permaculture - Re: [permaculture] This list, permaculture and discussion traffic.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] This list, permaculture and discussion traffic.
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2016 23:26:01 +0100

> Other list owners I have known have done this and managed to keep their
> forums alive and active. I intend to do this here.

With all due respect, this is BS.
If we have 100 active (say, at least once a year active) posters, we have a
certain liveliness in the group. Regardless if thre are 30 lurkers listening
in (I am assuming, that 30 lurkers will say 'keep me in!'), or 30.000 - noone
besides you, Larry, would know the difference. I have no clue how many
lurkers there are on this list, and I do not even want to know. Who cares?
This is just your emotional state, Parry, that you feel your generous offer
of this list (and this it certainly is) is not accepted and treated with
gratitude and proper care (or something similar, I am no shrink) - so you
pout.

Relax, Lawrence, and give the lurkers a break.