permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Teacher Training Courses, the PDC, and Advanced Permaculture Courses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Teacher Training Courses, the PDC, and Advanced Permaculture Courses
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:38:23 -0400

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Alan Enzo <ecoenzo@gmail.com> wrote:

> but Mollison and other elders have advised against this because
> of the "TMI" factor (too-much information)

That's th one that always throws me. There can not be too much information
that your ar given a golden opportunity to learn.
How many times will an individual have the opportunity to take a PDC
especially if is is far away from where they live or is expensive.
Bird in the hand is worth ten in the bush kind of thing.
They should be willing to learn th e drafting aspects of permaculture
design, how to make a new handle for a tool, safety on permaculture sites,
i.e. snakes and spiders, yellowjackets and mosquitos, chiggers and ticks,
how to start an intentional permaculture community, how to build a raised
bed vegetable garden, how to plant fruit trees and so much more including
the inevitable spiral garden, whatever floats their boat.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com