permaculture - [permaculture] Topic(s) of This Mailing List?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "scrooge McDuck" <declan@planetmail.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Topic(s) of This Mailing List?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:45:18 +0200

Like anyone else, I deplore activities involving the exploitation of another human being. The past year, for much of which I was laid flat, has convinced me that these abound. Priests abusing children; workers driven to slave in poisonous and hazardous conditions for a pittance that barely keeps them; Rich countries destroying poor ones by acid rain, sea level rise, racial and class discrimination and abuse, extremes of wealth& poverty coexisting, institutional abuse of any sort etc, etc. I cannot foresee a human solution as the world is currently structured. But if I wanted them shoved in my face, I would have joined a mailing list or forum for THAT purpose, not a list for Permaculture. Likewise with environmental destruction and extinction of species, although that is closer to the Permaculture mindset.

I have seen considerable judgemental vitriol about Geoff Lawton, but have not been shown one shred of verifiable evidence or even one specific instance of purported crime or fraud with dates & places. I cannot help wondering how many of those Judgements would stand if Geoff Lawton was a list member! Nobody stops to praise some of his videos, which are educational and on topic in many instances when he is not posing or patting himself on the back. It's been my experience in business that Sharks diversify widely because they have to. They lose the business of their target market because they are sharks. The smaller the target market, the quicker it happens. Honesty grows a business and you get customer loyalty. That's how my business worked, and I had customers for decades in a tiny market.

I have what I believe will be the answer that will be enforced on the world's problems but feel constrained from presenting it here. Contemplating the future as I see it actually fans my interest in Permaculture.

But this list appears to have little to do with Permaculture, despite the title. Events occasionally are mentioned but I am learning nothing. Personally I am considering unsubscribing. So what are the topic(s) that are going to be accepted here? Can we have those laid out? Because if is this a laissez-faire anything goes mailing list, I for one do not want to remain. It has become a Lost List.
--
Declan Moriarty
Sent from my Android tablet with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.