permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Topic(s) of This Mailing List?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Topic(s) of This Mailing List?
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 17:27:52 -0400

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 5:13 PM, scrooge McDuck <declan@planetmail.net>
wrote:

> I won't post on the future solution as it's a clear breach of netiquette,
> and because I am the chief complainer about off topic posts. Rigid rules
> should be few on mailing lists, but some people are taking this a bit too
> far imho.

I imagine many of us are between a rock and a hard place. As for "too far"
I have not seen anything I consider outrageous so don't worry.
It there is then I have the five step moderation procedure - BUT NO STATED
RULES ANYWHERE. End of story. We are all adults and we know how to behave.
W do not need to be talked down to.

> I will email you privately and anyone else who is interested. Give me a
> day or two. Things get done extremely slowly in my condition and the work
> of minutes becomes something that takes hours.

Put me on the mailing list.

Get well quickly and regain your strength. You will be back doing
triathlons sooner than you think.

> I read your reply to Scott and gather we are shifting from no moderation
> to some moderation. You are correct that strict moderators stifle dialogue,
> I must allow this some time. OTOH, I purposely avoid insults, controversy
> and gossip and do not want them here masquerading as Permaculture.

This is very excellent advice, duly noted.

LL

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com