permaculture - Re: [permaculture] On the listserv

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] On the listserv
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:04:05 -0500

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 7:37 PM, Gene Monaco <efmonaco@comcast.net> wrote:

> Lawrence,
> I enjoy the daily digest and would not want to wait several days for a post
> to come through if it was delayed on account of being below the 15kb
> threshold (if I'm reading you right). Topics might get stale.

Good point.

> If the
> digest came out daily no matter what, and more frequently if the 15kb was
> exceeded, I would be happy.
> -Gene

That is what we had with 1kb threshold, there were complaints and it was
not workable anyway.
How many kb is one typical message, not one or two liners? I am guessing
that one message plus two replies is under 15kb unless there is a lot of
quoted text. I will reset it to 10kb and see how that works. We can go from
there. Send me feedback so I can make adjustments, which only take seconds.
humor mode on...
I am reminded of a sign in a Gravely convertable tiller and Stihl chainsaw
shop I frequented for years when I was a landscape contractor.
It hung over the repair department and said: "If you have problems with our
services please go to Helen Waite, manager of our complaints department".
One in another store's men's room: "We aim to please, you aim too, please".
LL

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com