permaculture - Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 23:51:22 -0400

On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 8:42 PM, Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>
wrote:

> I am a little surprised at the shocked responses from my fairly innocuous 4
> sentence comment.
>
> Part of this has to do with my frustration with the increasing plethora of
> unsolicited ads (spam) I am receiving daily.
>
> The email came to me unsolicited as stated much like all of the other spam
> get from other sales reps; to say that I didn't do my due diligence to not
> receive such spam would mean that I stop using the internet.
>
> My feelings about capitalism in permaculture are quite clear I don't think
> that the two systems can occupy the same room. I don't personally care if
> Bill Gates spends 500 million on Aids research if he at the same time is
> building a GMO Institute in Africa with the Rockefeller Brothers, and is
> heavily invested in Monsanto stock, and part of the crowd that is poised to
> look the African continent of land and resources to provide the pittance
> used to build up his image through specious good works.
>
> I am perfectly willing to have a discussion about capitalism on this forum
> but mostly it devolves into a conversation justifying capitalism if it is
> directed to good works which is an oxymoron. It is a system that glorifies
> profit and not the work. It is a system that is destroying the very fabric
> of our planet. The excuse that we live in a capitalist culture and
> therefore must conform to the cultural norm is no different to saying
> since
> racism is the norm, or homophobia is the norm we have to go along with it.
>
> I am not sorry that I feel such passion about this subject but if I weren't
> passionate I wouldn't be doing anything to change the paradigm within which
> we are drowning. Sometimes one has to "rock the boat" to rid it of the
> water that is sinking it.
>
> Scott
>
> "To change something build a new model that makes the existing model
> obsolete" Buckminster Fuller

Another truly incredible piece of writing reflecting Scott's advanced
thinking. One can read and learn.

Here's a little thing I sent my friend Mike yesterday; this will tell you a
little about me
and why I think permaculture is so important to all of us. Steve may enjoy
this since he has spend some time in Eastern Europe.
<>
There is so much I can complain or worry about that I have given up on all
that -
don't listen to radio or watch tv much at all - its garbage
concentrating on fun stuff
what better use of one's time and energy
enjoy life quit worrying relax

as for politics and that kind of stuff
and in particular the US-West/Russia issues (that's putting it politely) -
the only thing worth doing
is maintaining relations between friends in USA and in Russia; That is too
valuable to loose.
- I mean folks that I never met but would like to know that I read about,
see pix of or videos of describing
lifestyles in both countries. That is the single most important thing I can
do and keep doing if I am going to be politically active at all.
- people I am aware of from browsing the Internet:

siberian blacksmiths making hand tools for homesteaders
intentional community dwellers, communes
lemonary in Bashkortostan
machinist in St Pete
lots of machinists and metalworkers
russian/finnish masonry stove builders
permaculture folks
dacha folks
musicians
Ballet
Russian composers of note
Artists
many more amazing people

I feel that the fellow who was assassinated recently would share my vision
about this and he was probably
working toward that goal

other types are just wanting to make war on each other and take their
respective societies with them
in the process

I am very concerned at what seems to be happening to local food production
and those grassroots folks making it happen - small scale local market
gardening and farming serving local communities and regions -
- those who would dare to think they could commit and dedicate themselves
to a lifetime of growing excellent food naturally for their neighbors and
communities, providing them with top quality, life sustaining food at an
affordable price and keeping their money in the same local community while
generating enough income to be able to continue doing this year after year
and from family generation to generation.

Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com
https://sites.google.com/site/avantgeared/ <http://www.avantgeared.com>
https://plus.google.com/+Avantgeared