permaculture - Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Waldrop <bob@bobwaldrop.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] FW: New rocket mass heater kickstarter
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:18:53 -0500

This thread seems to me like a classic case of a boundary issue.

Ward 6 in oklahoma City has 77,000 people in it, only half are white folks, the rest are mostly Hispanic with some Asian, African American and Native American. The Hispanics are mostly recent arrivals, so let me tell you this ward is RIFE with boundary issues everywhere. Talking with people I heard hilarious, touching, sad, and scary stories about what's happening as the new Hispanic cultures move into new neighborhoods and begin to hybridize with the 100 year old mostly white people culture of these neighborhoods. Boundary issues are generally difficult to navigate and I think that's true not only for physical neighborhoods but also for cyber neighborhoods such as this one. It's been around for a long time and the issue of "uncivil debate" flares on occasion which pretty much mirrors it seems to me what happens outside of cyberspace. I almost said "real life" but cyberspace is as real as anything else it is different and despite being a communications medium, it is not always easy to communicate well in cyberspace.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City