permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture or biodynamic, or agroecology/agroforestry?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: DONKA RADEVA <donnybg@yahoo.com>
  • To: Scott Pittman <scott@permaculture.org>, 'permaculture' <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture or biodynamic, or agroecology/agroforestry?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 12:50:40 -0800

Hello from me again,

Thank you very much for the detailed and valuable responses!
They were very important for me, as the more I read in the literature, the
more common things between all of the mentioned "systems" I find.
But it is true that agroforestry and agroecology are far away of design /as
far as I have read about them/ and are more "techniques" in agriculture.
Biodynamics is closer to permaculture, but also for me more mystic.

Do you think that permaculture if we mean its agriculture aspect is so far
from commercial? I have the feeling that many permies who have farms don't
want to make business, they want to be self-sustainable. But is the business
in permaculture so bad? If we make as farmers business through permaculture,
couldn't our communities function better, also the economics - I mean we need
to exchange goods/services?
I beleive that if you make commercial through permaculture/farms /for
example/, the common health could be improved - also the economic health of
the communities and through smaller communities to bigger regions? I speak
very theoretical, but I hope you understand what I mean. In this way all of
the elements in the life circle - visible and invisible structures could be
connected and perhaps for good?

All the best,

Donka Radeva,
Bulgaria

On Thursday, November 13, 2014 9:48 PM, Scott Pittman