permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics: artificial?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjaya@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics: artificial?
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 13:39:47 -0800

The closest I've ever gotten to closing the loop is to use a rotating pattern
of permaculture where the composting and working of the ground for high
intensity crops is rotated through low intensity tree gardening. My current
cycle takes 75 years and requires that part of the house be moved every year.