permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics: artificial?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Pete Gasper, Gasper Family Farm" <farmer1@gasperfarm.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Aquaponics: artificial?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 02:41:22 -0600

I would quibble with that. Fish food is your main input to raising fish and is a lot made up of ocean harvested fish, what is broadly held to be an unsustainably taxed resource.

But my cows just eat the grass growing with sun and rainfall on the farm. And my hogs and chickens eat grain I or my organic grain grower grows right on the land.

Where is the defect? You're just pointing out there is more land involved than people think at first blush.