permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Future Scenarios- STANDARDS ?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Holger Hieronimi <holger@tierramor.org>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Future Scenarios- STANDARDS ?
  • Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 03:08:25 +0100

While I still believe in the validity of (most) of the original principles,
they make mostly sense when you design a site
and it`s often difficlult to apply them in other other domains of PC-related action
(economy & finance, education, community, health...)

However, the principle of "Energy Cycling" features a termodynamic error, we should really refomulate that one

You CAN cycle materials & nutrients in a system, but you CAN´T cycle energy, which is allways subject to entropy

personally, I like mor Davids set of principles, allthough they are probably not something for beginners

saludos

holger