permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Double pane plastic windows?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Double pane plastic windows?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:38:14 -0000

Yes polycarbonate is the exception, I know. The disadvantage is the cost which is not far below toughened glas here and higher if you go for double or tripple profiles. Since the question was about cheap plastic I did not think of poly carbonate.
john

I have had GE Polycarbonate double glazed sheets on the roof of my Atrium
for 12 years and they have not discolored and have served us great. They
cover an area that is 16ft X 8ft and work very well.

Scott Pittman

"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way.
On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing."
~Arundhati Roy