permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Russia’s small-scale organic agriculture model may hold the key to feeding the world | True Activist

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Thompson <mike.brian@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Russia’s small-scale organic agriculture model may hold the key to feeding the world | True Activist
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 18:05:18 -0500

The original article seemed to be colored some by recent american
political views with all of this talk of freedom to grow without
hindrance from regulations and taxes while they even give you land if
your intent is to farm. Sounds like they are dressing up the situation
in Russia to validate some personal political grievance. To me.
Even if that were the case and this implied Russian agricultural
Renaissance isn't all it's cracked up to be it is still a far cry from
having only a few large companies owning all of the farms. Although I
don't know the details there, the remark in the article about free
land makes me wonder if the state retains control - because here in
America it appears as if these small farmers are easily lured into
high density meat farming and ultimately succumb to the expense of
becoming exotic animal processing equipment consumers. They have an
opportunity to at least learn from that hopefully. Someone should tell
them.