permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pc aquaponics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Paul Cross <charybda@newmex.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pc aquaponics
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 10:30:42 -0600

Aquaponics is often integrated into vertical farming designs. If anyone is interested in seeing the current state of "vertical farming," there is a great resource now online from a conference in September.

Leaders from all over the world in vertical farming gathered on September 26 2012 at the University of Maryland for the Challenges In Vertical Farming workshop. Online you can find 18 videos of the talks, each 20 - 30 minutes long. I've watched 9 of them thus far, and there is no mention of permaculture at all. But I have found all of the videos to be interesting. It is an extreme focus on technology and they are talking about megawatts of power to grow food.

Go to youtube and type CIVF2012 in the search box to watch the videos.