permaculture - Re: [permaculture] National convergence- keep it rolling

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] National convergence- keep it rolling
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 15:12:06 -0700 (PDT)

I agree with your thoughts, Loren. Whether it ends up at Pine Ridge or not,
it certainly is a harsh, challenging environment and I could certainly use
some help up there! They are reaching for permaculture! And we could put
compost toilets, compost showers, compost anything, natural building anywhere
we want where the people were ok with it. I would strongly suggest an early
contigent go out to ensure it is done. There are 4-5 or more (separate
tiospaye) locations that would house people/host, etc. I'm pretty sure we
could access the Lakota College or other school there for lectures, etc.

I am ok with doing it anywhere though, too. I feel that if we decide before
hand on some specific targets we'd like to achieve, and some parameters to
achieve them, it is more likely to occur. I see many, many advantages to at
least having a national conversation about all this. I would love to see
permaculture moving forward faster than it is, and I see how a national
organization could hold the line to some degree on people's fears that
mainstream will water it down.

Koreen Brennan

www.growpermaculture.com
www.meetup.com/sustainable-urban-agriculture-coalition