permaculture - [permaculture] National convergence

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] National convergence
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 00:58:18 -0700 (PDT)

To me, it is a given that people would coordinate regionally to put on a
national conference. That is the most permaculture way that the energies
could be manifested for such a conference.

I would welcome the opportunity to meet people I've come to know on line but
have never seen in person. It is much easier to establish real relationships
and beneficial connection face to face and to get planning done.

I see a need for national level organization - I don't see a need for one
single "council" or a small group to dictate what everyone else is going to
do. I don't think that is practical or desirable. I think the main thing a
national conference could accomplish is some exchange of successful actions,
and planning on how we can get permaculture more broadly and deeply
implemented, for the good of the planet. That puts the conversation out of
the realm of ego and into the realm of what all of us need and want.

There are things that we can do at a national level that are harder to do at
regional levels, though what is being done regionally could definitely inform
how we approach things nationally. I know there are a number of successful
actions being done regionally, and it would be really useful for some of us
in pioneer territory to hear about them, and maybe even get some support in
taking things to the next level (and Florida IS a place for tough pioneer
plants, permaculturally).

I see every advantage and no disadvantages to working more closely together
and finding more pathways to support one another in getting the permaculture
word out there.

Koreen

www.growpermaculture.com
www.meetup.com/sustainableurbanagriculturecoalition
www.meetup.com/createclearwater
>From kmorneau@yahoo.com Wed Jul 18 11:05:11 2012
3zOMu3Me85U6zUKMrVDhwUNDG5i6Pu69vWJkm_51WJDUqtoqmltvAO0l8yiA
6DO4lPuMVYNQTw.J2PRMY49CLedHNRjx6ytpv.Pb9nuhCxcVXPym_LENYEQy
xOykfj1bINLmm_qe7C5lPc38QNiMIVHDjM8t31gr3nlyv9t3KZar.jB8rNkp
vkzs5Cda1.sU1ArIVDtI6ZluYb0_aT000ZX24CgYuVTBVu8_HszqNWvj02Rr
wEZzFud1OQ5Y2X20l4LFIfERzhZsmuwN7U50Th9.zYAC3pk2Mp5MVbJSk4B7
bAjtl1Q4sD_ZURZXB3sTW8jVRA88BWpcTyH.cWwZUWVKhJg6QN5cRC_2_oE.
Ev1aYxLGmHuNKYm8l5JxwiOOxOWo-