permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Edible bamboo?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Linda Ray <lindaray@att.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Edible bamboo?
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 13:45:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Dieter,

I'm remembering some kind of old Chinese torture where the bamboo sprouted
inside a person and was a Very Bad Thing. Seems to me it was slivers and not
seeds that did it.

I don't think I'd eat anymore of it until you can check that out. That's the
only reason I'm posting this. Don't laugh :-/.

Much as I dislike alarmist communications, I couldn't keep quiet about this
one, sorry.

JM $.02 .

Linda