permaculture - [permaculture] Garden Tool Recommendations

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Muhl <dmuhl65@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Garden Tool Recommendations
  • Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:26:10 -0800 (PST)

Greetings everyone,

It's February now and I feel my spring gardening fever coming on. I started
thinking about all the projects I'm hoping to accomplish this season, and
then it occurred to me that some of my old 'blade' tools are just not up to
the task(s) any more. I've been reading a few online reviews on certain
items, but felt some of the folks on this listserve would be a great resource
for honest opinions.

I would like to pick up some high-quality hand pruners, pruning saw, grafting
knife, machete, and perhaps even a good tool belt tailored for gardeners and
landscapers (something that could hold the other aforementioned items).

Thanks to anyone who would like to share their opinions on any or all of
these items.

~Dave