permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Garden Tool Recommendations

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Garden Tool Recommendations
  • Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:47:25 -0500

On 2/5/2012 1:26 PM, David Muhl wrote:
Greetings everyone,

It's February now and I feel my spring gardening fever coming on. I
started thinking about all the projects I'm hoping to accomplish this
season, and then it occurred to me that some of my old 'blade' tools
are just not up to the task(s) any more. I've been reading a few
online reviews on certain items, but felt some of the folks on this
listserve would be a great resource for honest opinions.

I would like to pick up some high-quality hand pruners, pruning saw,
grafting knife, machete, and perhaps even a good tool belt tailored
for gardeners and landscapers (something that could hold the other
aforementioned items).

Thanks to anyone who would like to share their opinions on any or all
of these items.

Avant Geared
http://www.avantgeared.com
AG Tools
lifetime hand tools for home, shop, farm, garden, travel and trekking
Avant: culturally or stylistically advanced Geared: one outfitted with proper gear
(garden hand tools & online store coming soon)

Avant Geared Google+ page
https://plus.google.com/b/116100117925365792988/116100117925365792988/about

Pictures of tools I own and use on my market farm:
https://picasaweb.google.com/103223907782626104592/GardenTools

Farm and Garden Hand Tool Sourcelist & Biointensive Gardening Guide
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/gardening-hand-tools.faq
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MP85QDZW4x8PXCeXEa0hyVbI98JEeHOLJcj71I1h3Ek/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Biointensive Farming
https://sites.google.com/site/biointensivefarming/