permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Some other big Hugelkulturs.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Some other big Hugelkulturs.
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 07:43:06 -0500

Skeeter, what was the dimensions of your eggplant hugelkultur?

Also wondering if one could build these in existing erosion gullies if
one addressed the erosion at the same time. I'm trying my damndest to
keep big machinery off my new vineyard but it would be fun to
integrate this into some of the areas in the bottomlands where years
of cattle pasturing has created some erosion issues.

~mIEKAL

  I just built one last month and it is already bearing eggplants. The
concept works at many scales.