permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Biggest hugelkultur?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Biggest hugelkultur?
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:55:10 -0600

A coupla bits:

1) I would very much like to see pics in about two years. Especially
around mid august where the surrounding vegetation is brown and
dormant and the stuff on the hugelkultur is green and lush. And if
the vegetation could be stuff that is easily recognizable as typical
garden plants (tomatoes, melons, etc.) that would be even better.

2) I think I would have mixed the hay in a bit. Mix it in with the
wood and mix it in with the soil. To keep it from turning to
glie/gley and making a water/air barrier.