permaculture - Re: [permaculture] natives AND permactulture

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: tanya <tanyagarden@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] natives AND permactulture
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 09:20:22 -0700

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM, paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com> wrote:

> People have had their personal property sprayed and then forced to pay
> the bill. By weed boards. In the name of pro-native/anti-invasive.

I know people who grow natives in their front yards and have had the
neighbors complain about the "weeds" because the plants don't look manicured
and poodled. Maybe it's California, as someone pointed out, or suburbia, but
the conflict I see has more to do with tolerance for wildness vs.
intolerance of anything but the most stringently mowed clipped monocultured
look.