permaculture - [permaculture] The New Rocket Oven Workshop - Start to Finish

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ray Cirino <cobanation@yahoo.com>
  • To: lapg@arashi.com, scpg@arashi.com, ccpg@arashi.com, permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org, coblist@deatech.com, City Repair LA <cityrepairla@lists.riseup.net>
  • Subject: [permaculture] The New Rocket Oven Workshop - Start to Finish
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 11:56:32 -0800 (PST)

The New Rocket Oven Workshop
S t a r t t o f i n i s h

What: A start to finish workshop series that will teach you the mechanics of
rockets stoves, basics of oven construction, cob building, and earthen
plastering. We will complete the series by firing up the rocket oven and
having
a pizza party.

When: Series of 6 workshops starting Sat. Feb 19 - Sun. March 6. Pizza
part
and firing party on March 19 available for free to all students.

Sat. Feb. 19, 1:00 – 5:00 pm

Orientation and foundation prep.

Sunday Feb. 20, 10:00 – 5:00 pm

Foundation building and cob basics

Monday Feb. 21, 10:00 – 5:00 pm

Basic cob and stone construction

Saturday Feb. 26, 10:00 – 5:00 pm
Cob dome and steam insert

Sunday Feb. 27, 10:00 - 5 pm.

Rocket stove details and cob finishing

Sunday March 6, 10:00 – 5:00
Earth Plaster and installation or artistic details

Saturday March 19, 4 pm.

Rocket Oven Firing and Pizza Party - We will all make and bake our own
pizzas
in the new rocket oven!

Where: North Hollywood

Why: The latest in cob oven innovations with the challenge of building a
CO2
free system using steam and the dynamic shapes in the exhaust flow. The goal
is
to gather data to use on future fireplaces, ovens, and retrofit existing to
help keep our atmosphere clean. of a new way to burn wood
that saves hardwood trees and burns only waste wood.

Who: InventorRay Cirino will put you on the path sustainability and fun
times, with thirty six years of building and creating hands on products
using
the largest waste stream in the world, Cirino will give you the knowledge,
skills and resources to build your oven start to finish and teach you a new
way
to construct your own rocket oven that that burns hotter faster, cleaner and
uses less wood.

Tuition:

Entire workshop series, 6 sessions $200
Individual workshops $40 per day

Must RSVP to attend this workshop.
Please contact cobanation@yahoo.com
Call: Ray 818-834-7074
Work trades and student scholarships available. The Great Challenges we now
face as a species present the very opportunities that are giving birth to
Ecological, Psychological, and Spiritual Sustainability.