permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Censorship: was Encouraging "volunteer" crops in urban landscapes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Linda Ray <lindaray@att.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Censorship: was Encouraging "volunteer" crops in urban landscapes
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 22:00:16 -0800 (PST)

That's great :-)! I'll bet it will be a wonderful trip. He and I spoke via
email a couple of times when I lived in FL (I left last year); I always
wanted to do what it sounds like you are doing, but he was keeping to himself
more then, I think.

Do you know there's a variety of tomato which is native to FL- the Florida
Everglades Tomato- which is perennial? Also there's a pumpkin variety that
was grown by the Seminoles which was said to have exceptional flavor.

There's also an outfit called ECHO over by Ft. Myers IIRC, they are a
nonprofit org that researches little-known tropical foodsource plants.

You might have already known about these things, but in case you don't, there
ya go...
Have a great trip :-).

Namaste,

Linda