permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Censorship: was Encouraging "volunteer" crops in urban landscapes

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Censorship: was Encouraging "volunteer" crops in urban landscapes
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 16:40:18 -0800 (PST)

We've had similar results in our garden, letting stuff seed. The lettuce that
grows where it "shouldn't be," like in the paths, is some of the best we ever
grow - seems the seeds know where to sprout on their own, surprise.

Here is a list of Florida wild edibles. We try to put as many natives as
possible in our yards and our seed balls. :-)

http://www.wildfloridian.com/EdiblePlants.html

This guy is phenomenal, a real treasure for anyone in our neck of the weeds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ilk3VWHbCw&feature=related

Cory