permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a RIP OFF

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: George Anna Clark <esac@laneta.apc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fluorescent Light Bulbs are a RIP OFF
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:13:45 -0600

Thanks for this article, Paul. The CFL's are perhaps also more sensitive to high temperatures???? I find ALL brands that I've bought (cheap and expensive) to burn out and/or break much quicker than incandescents. Amazingly so.

My use, like yours, is usually very very brief. I will look for the more efficient incandescents, and will stop turning lights on and off so quickly, and save up the pesos for LED's and hope they become even more efficient and less expensive, as some suggest. My off-grid system is such that I would have to upgrade it to allow for regular incandescents.

thanks to Rain's input as well...
george anna

Tehuixtla, Morelos MEX