permaculture - Re: [permaculture] colony collapse disorder solved!, blogs, lists, mirrors, forums, websites

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] colony collapse disorder solved!, blogs, lists, mirrors, forums, websites
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 00:05:08 -0400

On 10/25/2010 1:42 PM, paul wheaton wrote:
Wow!

All of that would be excellent Lawrence! Thanks!

I have gone whole hog with blogs, groups, sites, mirrors, etc.
Next stop - developing my ibiblio resources:
WordPress blog, BBPress & SMF Forums, MediaWiki, Website

Wordpress Blogs:
Permaculture (Permaculture Mailing Lists)
EcoLandTech
Seed Preservation
Venaura Farm
Japanese Joinery
Infinity Explorations

and Google:
*Blogger Blogs:
Permaculture Mailing List (mirror)
EcoLandTech
Market Agriculture
Japanese Joinery
Appropriate Technology
Seed Preservation
Seed Savers
Seed Keepers
Venaura Farm
*Google Groups:
Permaculture Mailing List (mirror)
Japanese Joinery
*Google Sites:
Permaculture List
Venaura Farm
Japanese Joinery

I have a bunch more footage from these things that ended up on the
"editing room floor" that could each be made into more bee stuff. But
the key with youtube is to make short videos. And I really felt that
with all of the stuff going on about CCD I really needed something to
set the record straight.

I would definitely encourage you to turn all that extra footage into more videos. You will probably never regret spending the time that will require.

I finished the video late sunday night and got up a few hours later
thinking "I'm gonna change the world!" and pushed it out to youtube.

It will sink in and become noticed because of its quality.

I was thinking "this is so cool - it's probably gonna go farther than
any of my other videos. Maybe over a million views in the first 24
hours. This is news! This is worth the huge amount of time I put
into making it! Neat!"

I finally got logged into my YouTube account and gave it a thumbs up, subscribed to more vids, etc. Hope that helps. Next I will post links to a bunch of my blogs. There is so much that can be done but it all takes time.

I like to think that I am pumping a lot of permaculture info to a lot
of people that have never heard of it before (about 3300 per day to
permies.com and 2200 per day to my youtube videos). But to cross into
"news" or "viral" must take somebody much better/smarter than me.

When has anything permacultural gone viral except Bill's PDM?

Back to work...