permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Enough, ......Genug, ........Basta, ........Bastamante, .....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Enough, ......Genug, ........Basta, ........Bastamante, .....
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:17:59 -0600

Weeds can be banned from the garden and relegated to the compost pile, or,
as I do, left as mulch around my tomatoes and squash to cool the soil, add
carbon, and suppress other weeds.

Shunning is an old tried and true method of dealing with out of control
elements of a society, just don't respond, this is a lesson I have often
been unable to practice, but I am getting better.

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute
www.permaculture.org