permaculture - Re: [permaculture] what is valuable about this list

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Cory Brennan <cory8570@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] what is valuable about this list
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 16:08:44 -0700 (PDT)

I hear you. Ignoring uncivil communication can be an effective tool when
responding only seems to feed it more.

I really value the wisdom and experience that has been shared on this list;
what a treasure, to have all this varied experience and dedication in one
place! All of you who share your knowledge here, I thank you deeply! It is
really appreciated. If my engaging in debate has discouraged anybody who has
knowledge to share from partaking, I apologize. I have gotten some great
information from individuals on the list and I really enjoy being able to
dialogue with the varied and intelligent viewpoints here, and to hear what
different people are doing with permaculture around the world.

My own policy on lists where debate is allowed is to use the delete button
liberally when I feel it is becoming unconstructive. The beauty of the
internet is that you do not have to open or read any email you don't want to
read. It's not like someone is standing in front of you shouting at you,
though sometimes an angry email can feel like that! I'll share a Lakota story
that seems to have relevance, in another post.

Cory