permaculture - [permaculture] Going beyond the tempest. . . Re: an expression of- civility, respect and (regard for) reputation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Robert Waldrop <bwaldrop@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Going beyond the tempest. . . Re: an expression of- civility, respect and (regard for) reputation
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 17:03:03 -0500

I appreciate the links to the liberation ecology site and the Lierre Keith interview. Is there a listserv or message board where these ideas are being discussed? I'm involved with a lot of low income issues and also some community organizing/rabblerousing, Lately I've been preaching the virtues of declaring bankruptcy. I think this has some merit as both a tactic that benefits individuals and that undermines the established finance system. I know a lot of people who are so heavily in debt that they are in fact slaves of the credit card companies and banks. One of them recently took my advice, and has told me that the interior feelings of personal liberation were majorly intense. The only downside, he said, was "now I won't have access to credit." To which I replied, that it is not a bad thing, as the credit system is a way to enslave people, just as you were enslaved.

Finally, in regard the tempest which started this thread. . .

I think some good stuff has come out of this, but I also think that more is accomplished in a movement by spending not much time critiquing what others are or are not doing, and spending more time stimulating conversation/organizing/strategy, including offering tools, skills, education/training, and opportunities for communication.

Bob Waldrop, Oklahoma City
http://www.energyconservationinfo.org/compendium.htm access to 2 gigabytes of information useful for implementing permaculture and also undermining the "System".