permaculture - [permaculture] LA City Reapir Tour 2010 with Mark Lakeman

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: camille cimino <camcim@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] LA City Reapir Tour 2010 with Mark Lakeman
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 10:45:09 -0700 (PDT)

Transforming Public Space

A Street Corner Revolution!

City Repair LA Tour 2010 with Mark Lakeman

Join visionary architect Mark Lakeman as he inspires and guides the grid
structure of a typical American city into a vital social commons with
Portland's City Repair Project (www.cityrepair.org).
Now a national movement, City Repair is about cities, towns, grids and the
intersections where our lives can converge. Multidisciplinary, City Repair
combines architecture, urban planning, anthropology, community development,
public art, permaculture and ecological design in projects that transform
public space. Formed in 1996, City Repair was conceived as an "anti-virus" to
combat isolation and over-commoditization of conventionally designed cities,
by literally inserting villages into cities.

http://www.cityrepair.org/

When & Where

• Friday, Sept. 24, 7:30–10:30PM at the Electric Lodge, 1416 Electric Ave.
Venice, CA 90291, http://www.electriclodge.org, Donation of $5.00-$20.00, We
are inviting folks to bring a healthy dish, snack, drink or dessert for a
community-style Pot Luck! Sponsored by LA City Repair, LA Permaculture Guild,
and Westside Permies.

• Saturday, Sept. 25, 9:30AM-1PM at the Triangle median strip located at the
intersection of Dudley Ave. and Main St. in Venice
(across from the binocular building),
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=118273188193184801223.00048f26b9aa9f9354079&z=19,
$$$???, Free lunch and snacks courtesy of Whole Foods Market Venice. Come
for the whole morning if you can, but if you can't, be there as long as you
are able. Sponsored by Joyful Activist Club, Whole Foods Market Venice, and
Westside Permaculture Guild.

• Tuesday, Sept. 28, 7:00–10pm Project Butterfly, 821 Traction Ave. Unit #108
Los Angeles, CA 90013, www.projectbutterfly.org, $35.00 at the door, For more
information email D Miller: d@projectbutterfly.org

• Date???, 7:30PM Big Art Labs, LLC, 651 Clover ST, Los Angeles, CA 90031,
Will be held at Smashlabs, http://bigartlabs.com, Map of Big Art Labs:
http://bigartlabs.com/bigartlabs_home.html, $5.00-$15.00 donation, Contacts
for event: cheshirecataclysm@hotmail.com,

• Thursday, Sept. 30, doors at 6:30PM, presentation at 7:00PM, SAJE:
Strategic Actions for a Just Economy, 152 West 32nd ST, Los Angeles, CA
90007, http://www.saje.net/, $5.00 at the door, SAJE members admitted free,
Have dinner with us! Food vendors will be on site. Info & RSVP:

• Friday, Oct. 1, 8:00PM, LA Eco Village, 117 Bimini Place, Los Angeles CA
90004, www.laecovillage.org, 213-738-1254,
$10 sliding scale at the door, To RSVP contact Louis Arkin: crsp@igc.org, For
more info contact Lara Morrison: laraeco@hotmail.com

• ???The lecture and slide show will take place on Saturday September 25th.
Doors open at 5:30 pm and lecture starts at 8:00 pm.???,
Saturday, Oct. 2, 5:30–10:30PM, Slide Show Pow Wow, Sunday, Oct. 3,
11:00AM-8:00PM, Pigeon Palace Workshop & Pot Luck
We will be addressing the BIG Pigeon Problem at HM157, A Community Creative
Space dedicated to the propagation of all positive possibilities. HM157, 3110
N. Broadway, Lincoln Heights, CA 90031, Donation of $5.00-$20.00 at the door
for both dates
***NOBODY will be turned away for lack of funds****, We are inviting folks to
bring a healthy dish, snack, drink or dessert for a community-style Pot Luck!
Healthy & Happy Drinks will also be available to purchase as a fundraiser for
City Repair LA!
City Repair, LA Permaculture Guild, and HR157.

For more info on how to get involved email Camille Cimino:
camillecimino@gmail.com

>From camcim@yahoo.com Thu Sep 16 13:59:03 2010
t84659940; bh=8nOdPBxPHxiB0S8uMS4pIhbuLfs8ISCpOFzNjtsQIpQ=;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=WYq0wp99dme0bB7XYcMX2QJfI2RUTmcTwxdsDQM1b7m00LedqMvWUI6kxfEFKZP+Py6oNRj7k5UkbiMesFa9I2SQ1w2Wkvo2w2qGtQ87g6DOFuXCC7iP+3No+klr8c9Ph0Bsr3o4e96bheec0evtGfe6ZBE7Mp+5T8iYu58yqVEDomainKey-Signature:
a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=pCAhJ6KVlr0ACfZQboTAF/lHVpV5zHiIJWxNoF1aZOB51fpe5cQS5lcIVtGKelrd+28L1YVqWw+N43oPp3CFpCu6vQsM3OH2dj1bPgqd6a34364FPid19Ex6TBPRazeNYIwqgICqjlouNUNhi8ZEBJKZWuARwJC903yZ7N8hvaA=;