permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: On an ethics of permaculture...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: On an ethics of permaculture...
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 00:44:36 -0400

On 8/4/2010 8:42 PM, rafter sass wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm FWDing an email on from Kevin Skvorak, a good permie who it appears has
been banned from this list.

Kevin has not been banned from this list, i.e. he is lying. He is welcome to join and make an ass of himself here again anytime he chooses. He is more then welcome as a list subscriber. I group Kevin with the other permaculture used car salesmen who have tried to trash this list repeatedly over the years, and failed miserably.

Don't you love it, you get a great 950 member international forum to start a juicy new thread all filed to the brim with sweetness light and love and trash the list owner all in one ethical operation.

Permaculture ethics, my ass.

I'd say Kevin has a problem, having left this list of his own volition years ago yet still feels the need to whine that he has been banned
from the forum. There's something funny about that picture.

I am not meaning to be to terribly confrontational with all this, (tho, alas
it is my current nature it seems) and it is just something I am meditating
on at the moment.

And for me "ethics" is not because we want to achieve some vague feeling of
goodness, but because we want to be effective.

so for me, much of this all is "context" I am meditating a lot on the
question of context these days.

peace and love,
kevin

What a fucking hoot.

p.s. If anyone wants to fwd this to the national listserve, (i have been
banned by LL) i would be gratified as i would honestly, and deeply value any
insight on these issues from many of the minds and hearts on that listserve
as well.

Liar.