permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fwd: On an ethics of Mr. Skvorak

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: On an ethics of Mr. Skvorak
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 22:30:56 -0600

Before one engages in judgment of some one else's actions the least they can
do is check with the person whose action is being judged. I find it
extremely unethical and distasteful for anyone to launch into a self serving
diatribe that is premised on judgment. I don't like it with missionaries,
evangelicals, right winged politicos, or misguided permaculturalists.

I do not feel any need to justify my actions vis a vis the Oklahoma national
guard suffice it to say that these men are going to Afghanistan to work with
farmers and herdsmen to repair an agricultural infrastructure that was
destroyed by the Russians. I respect their mission and their dedication to
helping Afghan rural people.

This is another example of a person talking to hear his head rattle.

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute
www.permaculture.org