permaculture - Re: [permaculture] washing dishes: by hand vs. dishwasher

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Scott Vlaun <scott@moosepondarts.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] washing dishes: by hand vs. dishwasher
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 13:53:52 -0400

In addition to the electricity and water issues, don't forget the embodied energy in the materials and manufacturing of the dishwasher to begin with, as well as the disposal of the thing after it breaks down. My primary reason for hand washing though, is that you have to listen to the thing run when you should be relaxing and digesting.

Scott Vlaun Moose Pond Arts+Ecology Design Solutions for a Sustainable Future
450 Main Street, Studio 2, Norway, Maine 04268 • 207-739-2409