permaculture - Re: [permaculture] washing dishes: by hand vs. dishwasher

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Javan Kerby Bernakevitch <jk.bernakevitch@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] washing dishes: by hand vs. dishwasher
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 16:36:16 -0700

A good friend in Seattle places veg oil containers under his sink, he
re-plumbed the drain (meaning he took out the vacuum loop), so his sink
water runs directly into the container. Then after finishing his daily
deposit he pours the water into the bowl to flush the contents into the
local sanitary sewer.

Labour intensive but a heck of a good showing for decreased water use.