permaculture - Re: [permaculture] washing dishes: by hand vs. dishwasher

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith D Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] washing dishes: by hand vs. dishwasher
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:25:17 -0400 (EDT)

Because most people with flush toilets are still peeing and pooping into
clean drinking water I'd vote for handwashing dishes in plastic basins that
stay in the sink most of the time. The water prevented from going down the
drain can be poured into buckets that can then be dumped into the toilet to
flush it...at least until we all have composting toilets.