permaculture - [permaculture] Ecological Economics Podcast

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Patrick <forgeadams@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Ecological Economics Podcast
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:56:40 -0800 (PST)

http://www.againstthegrain.org/program/261/id/530411/tues-12-29-09-ecological-economics

Economic growth and industrial development, we are told, are the keys
to human and social progress. Debal Deb is far from convinced. In a new
book, Deb critiques mainstream economic priorities; calls into question
many assumptions about the natural world; describes how traditional
indigenous societies have interacted with nature; and calls for a
zero-growth economy.