permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wikis & making a major impact

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Chris Watkins <chriswaterguy@appropedia.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture wikis & making a major impact
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:45:37 +1100

Thanks Rich,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 07:42, Rich Morris <webmaster@pfaf.org> wrote:

> Good discussion on wikis. I do largely agree with Chris that
> forking is a bad idea. Wiki's work best when people come to work
> together, rather than everyone going off to do their own thing in their
> own way.
>
> The permaculture.info wiki has bit of boost before Christmas with a
> couple of active contributors. I've also spent a good amount of time
> clearing out spam, and its virtually spam free. If anyone spots any they
> can either remove it themself or let me (User:WikiSysop) know.
>
> I also agree with Chris that allowing anonymous contributions would be
> something to aim for. However problems with spammers mean this is not
> really possible at the moment.

Or put up some simple barriers to spam bots - then it's definitely possible,
in our experience. Have a read through Appropedia:Anti-spam and
anti-vandalism
measures<http://www.appropedia.org/Appropedia:Anti-spam_and_anti-vandalism_measures>,
and if you have trouble with it, we could find someone to give advice.

> If there were more active users then anon
> access might be possible.
>
> It would be really good to have some more people contributing. A good
> start might be to add a page about your project, we got a list of 49 so
> far at http://www.permaculture.info/index.php/Category:ENTITY
>
> If christ wants to contact me that fine.

Thanks again - will do.