permaculture - Re: [permaculture] if there were a benefit to deforestation...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Steven & Margaret Eisenhauer" <eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] if there were a benefit to deforestation...
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 11:54:38 -0500

Hello,

Imagine homes that are food and energy producers which sequester carbon
while all outputs are constructive inputs to our indigenous living systems
with its inhabitants pursuing craft based production of necessary tools and
materials. Burning to charcoal versus burning to ash is certainly a great
potential for building a sustainable land based resource for energy and
agriculture. Larry Dobson is a pioneer in this area - his web site --

http://www.stiltman.com/html/energy_from_waste.htm

He says he has built a condensing bio burner that can also be tuned to burn
to charcoal rather than to ash. He is giving away his latest design due to
the lack of interest to commercialize it by the slippery boys of oil.

I would like to build one that anyone anywhere can put together out of
indigenous earth materials.

We need a super insulating radiant barrier type structural building block
that can be made from site earth and I think I have a good idea how to do
it. This material would be impervious to biological attack (rot, insect, &
vermin), water penetration and could even float, yet be a good earth
amendment once its useful life is over.

In history we may find the wisdom to guide us in the future to regain our
freedom as the children of this earth.

Steven Eisenhauer
Eisenhauer Design Inc.
eisenhauerdesign@earthlink.net