permaculture - [permaculture] Experience with Dark Cornish Chooks?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Tripp Tibbetts <slowfoodguy@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Experience with Dark Cornish Chooks?
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 15:59:28 -0800 (PST)

Anybody?  I'm thinking about using them as a good, strong, self-perpetuating,
multi-purpose breed for my small urban site.  I know they are delicious, and
McMurray says they are dynamite foragers, good setters and mothers, and
pretty decent egg layers too.  Anybody know anything else about them?  Are
they mean?  I have a little girl that likes to play with chickens.

Thanks,
Tripp

-Chinese proverb