permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Greetings

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Greetings
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:25:37 -0500

Travis writes:
-> Lawrence, thanks for the list of uses for those species. I've -definetly thought along the same lines. As to your suggestion of -starting a plant nursery, there is a native plant nursery 2 km's down -the road so I don't think I want to 'cut their grass' and start my own -nursery. There may be a possibility of some sort of consignment deal -with them to provide plant stock that they don't have.

This is a good plan to consider for extra income from nursery stock.
You could be a subcontractor for them. Contract grow out of
field-grown stock, B&B or container growout or produce liners or seedlings for them from seed or cuttings using open site, lath house or greenhouse. I expect you would broaden the range of plant material they could sell and they would be glad to have you there as a reliable source of nursery stock, from their inventory list and/or yours.