permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Manitoba maple and balsam poplar, was Re: Greetings

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Manitoba maple and balsam poplar, was Re: Greetings
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:49:55 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:
I've used all three trees as chop and drop mulch. They can also provide fodder for goats. Bees use resins from balsam poplar (and other trees) to make propolis. They could also be used for biofuels. Lots of other uses, too.

Thanks Keith. That's prime fodder for the database we have talked about;
Wiki type being just fine for this, Google supplying the more complex search capability, through BTW their custom search engines,
i.e. a cse for all the intralinks in the fuels page, intralinks being topic pages containing that info and users pages with same.
Install a Google web search dialog box in the fuels page which accountholder/editors use to search for plant material with fuel potential; cut and paste data from hits returned and browsed
back into the fuels page, and so on. Endless possibilities, thanks
in great part to Google.